Inglewood Report – Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill animals not recovered fully according to press reports
From shrimp with out eyes to dead dolphins with cancer the reports just keep getting worst. BP oil spill should be a study for Los Angeles South-bay on what a contamination that size can do to wild life and marine mammals.
Click on the news reports below to learn about how the Gulf is not restored.
- New York Times: “Gulf Dolphins Exposed to Oil Are Seriously Ill, Agency Says
- Mother Jones: Eyeless shrimp are being found all over the Gulf
- Pensacola News Journal: “Sick fish” archive
- Agence France Presse: Mystery illnesses plague Louisiana oil spill crews
- MSNBC:Exclusive: Submarine Dive Finds Oil, Dead Sea Life at Bottom of Gulf of Mexico
- AP: BP oil spill the culprit for slow death of deep-sea coral, scientists say (and see the Guardian and AFP‘s write ups)
- A recent report also notes that there are flesh-eating bacteria in tar balls of BP oil washing up on Gulf beaches